AFFORDABLE ART FAIR - 4 February 2021
PANTONE COLOUR OF THE YEAR 2021 - ILLUMINATING YELLOW and ULTIMATE GRAY - CURATED EDIT
In December 2020, Pantone announced its annual Colour of the Year as not one, but two and we couldn’t be happier to work with the sparkling, sunny 13-0647 Illuminating Yellow in combination with the relaxing 17-5104 Ultimate Gray. Pantone have said that it's a marriage of colour conveying a message of strength and hopefulness that is both enduring and up-lifting. Something we all need for 2021
@ my show of 2 large mixed media paintings on canvas, Undercurrents Gallery, Greenwich, London, 2016
- A middle-aged brown haired man wearing a hat:
" Now can you tell me please, what is the artwork, what is on the walls or yourself?"
I always, wether at one of my shows/exhibitions or just most days when representing my art and my brand in everyday public surroundings, dress very creatively. In fact, and since a very early age when I used to create, design and customise most of my every day clothes, I have always found creative fashion to be a great means of expression.
Sometimes more daring then not, clothes and accessories tell a story and always have to excite me so as to make the event, the day or night worth engaging and being present at.
When relaxing, I may be much more invisible too, blending in the ordinary, but usually always somehow wearing at least a little hint of yellow, my brand colour. (note: Joyce)
- A very short almost bold smiling man introduced by a tall woman:
" I very much feel and understand your work. I come from a little island that is disappearing due to the rising of the ocean level".
I had painted these 2 mixed media paintings on canvas (3 m X 2 m), outdoors, on a tarpaulin laid down upon the floor of the Art House's yard, where my fine-art studio is located. Absorbing the man-made environment and Nature, trees, birds, squirrels, space and sky around and above... sound and light and wild-life mixing with traffic noises and ambulance sirens... Our world, and my thoughts and feelings about it. And the planet, the animals... in a semi-figurative gutsy-expressionist manner, involving my body, and all my heart and soul, together with the intellect. " Gaia, what is your pulse from here? "
January 15 (2014)
" Dear Joyce.
Thank you for … the very clever deck of cards with your horses pictures. You are a very talented woman!
We have very much enjoyed reading your website and seeing all that you have created and what you are doing now. You have done such a good job of "following your passion"!…
We send much love to you. Keep up the very good work!
Love, Nancy and Jamey. "
From my lovely groovy hip aunt in San Francisco, and my dear uncle James Saunders.
" Comments " left onto the event notebook by visitors to my Open Studio on 4, 5 and 6 October 2013, Studio F2, First Floor, Lewisham Arthouse, SE 14 6PD, London GB.
Here they are:
* I think your work is really cool
* I loveyooscarlett (whatever that means i am not quite sure, the writing is difficult)
* (3 stars and 6 dots) It's really beautiful and colourful. I really love all of it (I only wish i could make such joy!) --- followed by 3 hearts surrounded by lovely curls and swirls.
* I really like the stuff you make and your very pretty Honey --- last word underlined by a wavy line followed by a kind of heart and a fancy parentheses.
* A certain Daniel left his details after having sat on the sofa for a little while with a little group of young students from Goldsmith and telling me that he would love to be my assistant for a few months. He studies anthropology. I still haven't contacted him.
* B..., from the neighbouring studio said: You brought a lot of joy to people. It's your colours, your... It's very soft. People don't do soft...
B... was next door to my studio, and heard the reactions, while I spent a lot of time down the corridor on Fire Officer duty.
* Magical! XXX Anne
* Thanks Joyce. *Very Charming!! XXX Gian Lucas
* Surprenant! (Surprizing!)
Merci! (Thank You!)
* another person's e-mail address, and another, and another who wants to be looked for on Facebook.
* (Big Heart) The horses. The happiest room! (exclamation mark with a little heart in place of the dot). Yes to the yellow ! (followed by a bigger heart)
" Stay beautiful ! "
a dear friend of mine
very valued at the Tate Galleries
1 May 2013
( --- that made my day ... amongst other wonderful peregrinations on that day ...
that's how vain former models can be ... tralala --- note by the artist JOYCE )
After an invitation e-mail with the source black and white image for my digitally embossed "Horse and Rider" industrial print appearing in a textural colour A2 print with the Arthouse members' Group Show, Lewisham Arthouse, June 2012:
" Gorgeous Gorgeous photo, of my MOST talented cousin--